Sunday, August 3, 2008

No. 5 build sandcastles

it is a mystery.

through all the friendships i've had i cannot remember one that still doesnt hold some significant memory for me. i'll always remember these days as the ones that changed my life. but there are still more days to come. and the mystery is the question that always lingers: was i good enough? as a friend, a son, a student. i surround myself with people who make me feel good about myself, who lift me up. but i have never stopped to realize if i'm doing the same for them.

i would hope so. but now, more than ever, i feel so low. i feel nauseas. as if id done something horribly wrong. perhaps this feeling isnt altogether justified. perhaps its just too late.


i need to read.



a sandcastle is a friendship, a family, or even a small dose of innocence. the things that being alive is all about.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

You're good to me, Lou Ann. Somehow, we click incredibly well. I can be silly around you. And we all know you're the reason I've gotten better at singing.

I love you!