Monday, July 28, 2008

No. 3 work


oh dear god.

to start off, i work at the ymca as a camp counselor and today i had to have a special meeting with my site coordinator and my supervisor about how pitiful i have been as a counselor. i let the door close in the bathroom, i raise my voice to the children, and i speak to them in a condescending manor. now, to you that might not sound like too big of a deal, but to them; oh please believe it is. and i really do understand because whatever the child says is the truth. period. but what made me mad i think, was that i had a special meeting about it andddd there was even a TYPED list of the concerns. but it's all good. i really do enjoy my place of employment and my coordinator, tara.

and now to the good stuff. i was downstairs with the younger children and erik and tara were upstairs with the older ones. when the oldest group came back down we played a game that is sort of like dodgeball but you try to hit the other teams cones... anyway! so off to the side one of the older girls starts crying. i'd say she is about 13 or so. and when brittany asked her what was wrong she told her:

"i was sitting there and were were talking about the jonas brothers and miley cyrus and i said that the jonas brothers were pretty cute but that they couldn't really sing and neither could miley cyrus. and then she started choking me and hitting me on the back of the neck."

now if you dont find that as funny as i do them i'm dreadfully sorry. but godbless, i can just imagine a girl getting so pissed when someone talks crap about her disney stars that she becomes so livid that she feels the need to injure another person over it. but i'm talking this girl, the strangler, is only 12 but is a pretty big girl. needless to say that she is on probation the rest of the week and has multiple punishments. oh gah, some things.

but other than that my day was pretty bland. i woke up this morning and me and my sister went to easley to get books. she wanted twilight and i wanted an abundance of katherines. poor richards didnt have my book so amber took me to barnes and noble in greenville (she owes me big time for a previous offence). and lo and behold that b&n didnt have it either. i was pissed so when amber told me she wasnt getting anything i was like "eff that" and i got twilight. i mean everyone says its good, right? might as well join the bandwagon.

i'm almost done with looking for alaska.
its a good one.




No comments: